Team17 and Ernestas Norvaišas have today announced that Sweet Transit, the systems-led, train-powered city builder by the ex-Factorio 3D artist and developer, is now available to purchase in Steam Early Access. Players can pick up the base game for £17.49/€21.99/$21.99 or grab the Supporter’s Pack for £21.98/€26.98/$26.98, the latter of which includes the game and a digital version of its jaunty original soundtrack. All purchases during early access launch week will receive 10% off, with an additional 10% discount for all those picking up the Supporter’s Pack.
Following a successful beta earlier in the year, Ernestas Norvaišas, the game’s solo developer, has worked closely with the community, implementing feedback, features, and quality of life improvements all the way up to early access launch. Ernestas is now thrilled to welcome PC strategy fans and locomotive enthusiasts to the game’s intricate, train-powered world.
Home to a world where the railway is king and trains are the sole means of transportation and expansion, Sweet Transit sees players use these mighty iron horses to build new settlements, create intricate production lines, and grow humble villages into thriving metropolises while moving through distinct eras such as the introduction of steam power and the invention of the combustion engine.
Sweet Transit Key Features
- Systems-led city builder: Starting with a single warehouse, build a thriving interconnected world of villages and cities as you expand your rail network and evolve your society
- Customisable rail network: Construct platforms and stations linked by intricate railway routes to help connect settlements and ensure a painless transit for both workers and civilians
- Evolve your industry: From steam to diesel, play through distinct eras of the railway and plan the most economical expansions using the technology at your disposal
- Be a person of the people: Keep a close eye on your citizens and ensure their needs are met as you expand your routes and scale up your settlements
- Full modding support: Create custom content via Steam Workshop, including structures, locomotives, in-game rules, progression markers, and graphics
Sweet Transit is now available to purchase in Steam Early Access. Press interested in previewing the game can request a key via Press Engine.
To keep up to date, follow us on Twitter, and join the community on Discord.