Hearts of Iron IV is getting another expansion, one that adds new paths and potential for some of the defining conflicts of the wartime era. Explore new alternate histories for Italy and Ethiopia, as well as one of the leading neutral powers, Switzerland, in Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone.
This expansion to Paradox Interactive’s grand strategy wargame about the Second World War continues the tradition of offering players a range of new stories and possibilities, allowing new histories of the war to be written in every session.
Features of Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone include:
- New Italian Focus Tree: Follow the historical path of Mussolini’s Italy or rewrite history by restoring power to the monarchy, leading a Communist revolution or promoting democracy.
- New Ethiopian Focus Tree: Defy the odds to defeat the Italian invader or resist the conqueror from abroad using unique Government in Exile abilities.
- New Swiss Focus Tree: Surrounded by France, Germany and Italy, the mountain nation of Switzerland finds strength in its neutrality, balancing competing factions and overtures from the great powers.
- New Peace Conference Options: Demilitarize zones of the map or entire nations, bid on the capital ships of defeated powers, or claim control of enemy resources or factories as reparations.
- Aircraft Designer: Design and build your own planes, from nimble interceptors that prioritize speed to durable bombers crafted to unload tons of destruction from high above.
- Unit Medals: A log of each division’s accomplishments lets you track their performance, and even allow you to award medals to those that have performed well.
- Embargo Interaction: Embargo your enemies with a new diplomatic interaction, preventing them from trading with you if they have generated enough world tension.
- New Unit Models: More than 20 new pieces of unit art for Italian, Ethiopian and Swiss armies.
- New Plane Models: 67 new plane models.
- 12 New Music Tracks
This expansion for Hearts of Iron IV will be available later this year. It will be accompanied by a major update, free for all Hearts of Iron IV players.