Join Teddy & Lighty, the Dynamic Duo on A Mission to put an End to their owner Alicia’s Terrifying Nightmares by Defeating your Favourite Fairy-Tale Characters turned Bloodthirsty Antagonists.
Start your own Happily Ever After and Pre-Order, Wishlist or prepare yourself for The Darkest Tales launch on Xbox, Nintendo Switch and PC!
Bologna, Italy, September 29th 2022: Trinity Team, the developers behind the overwhelming $500,000+ crowdfunding success ‘Slaps And Beans’ franchise, and global publishers 101XP, are delighted to announce the release date of The Darkest Tales, their much anticipated nightmarish action-adventure title, live on the 13th of October 2022 on Steam, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, GOG, and 101XP.
With Halloween around the corner, mark the launch date on your calendars now and prepare yourself for deadly cuteness, as The Darkest Tales is now available to wishlist on Steam, pre-order on 101XP today.
In The Darkest Tales, players follow the adventure of Teddy, a grumpy (yet rather adorable) old bear brought to life to rescue his owner Alicia, and Lighty, a chatty glowing orb fairy, as they embark on a journey through distorted fairy-tale planes inhabited by nightmare-inducing enemies and nail-biting adventures.
Tackle the horrors of a dark and twisted world, exploring gorgeous yet hostile terrains, encounter once friendly childhood tale characters turned evil: a flesh-eating Little Red Riding Hood and a monstrous Pinocchio, to only name but two, and gear up for a challenging climb on the towering Beanstalk. Survive where all others failed in the rescue of Teddy’s old owner Alicia, and bring peace back to her childhood crib.
Can Teddy and Lighty fight off Alicia’s demonic dreams, or will Teddy’s stitches unravel at the seams and Lighty’s hopes flicker into darkness?
- Get your hands on sharp enchanted weapons to jump, slice, and dash your way through anyone who stands in your way.
- Develop your skill tree to learn a ton of new tricks that include faster healing, dashes, double jumps, additional damage, and much more!
- You may remember them differently… Do battle with a ton of once friendly, now deadly, fairy-tale characters turned evil bosses, including a double-blade wielding Little Red Riding Hood and a petrifying Pinnochio, becoming his own puppet master.
- Every chapter of this playable novel features a concoction of beautiful yet haunting surroundings. From well-known environments such as Geppetto’s beaten-up workshop and the luscious greenery of beanstalk towers, to a chilling mountainous climb, danger lurks around every corner.
- Fully voiced characters, a rich storyline filled with recognizable fairy-tale lore, and gorgeous yet haunting landscapes and levels.
“We’re chuffed to let everyone know about The Darkest Tales’ release date today, and we’re looking forward to what our fans will think of this devilish twist on fairy-tale stories,” said Aleksandra Volskaya, Head of Brand Management & PR at 101XP. “We were very happy to see so many players try our prologue back in October last year, and can’t wait to see all of you and more jumping into the full release in just a few weeks”.
The launch of The Darkest Tales’ Prologue in October 2021 was met with resounding success, generating a ‘Very Positive’ Steam score from over 1,500 reviews. The developers took on a lot of the community feedback, developing the title further, and can’t wait for release.