Paradox Interactive, a developer and publisher of gross domestic products, today announced Toxoids, a new Species Pack for sci-fi strategy game Stellaris, will launch on PC platforms on September 20, 2022. Toxoids gives players the chance to gamble the future of their planets for immediate gains, and make the tough sacrifices necessary to survive a hostile galaxy. With new origins, civics, and a roiling mass of cosmetic options, the Stellaris galaxy is going to have plenty of new content for players to sink into.
Clean the gunk off of your monitor and drink in the latest Toxoids trailer.
Rise from the primordial ooze all the way to the stars and stake your claim with the hardiest, most stubborn species in the game’s history with Toxoids, a Species Pack bubbling with visual and mechanical additions to the myriad worlds of Stellaris. Empires featuring the Toxoids species can grow and adapt faster than most creatures, but tend to make life unpleasant for their neighbors – and often for themselves. Toxoids will feature*:
Knights of the Toxic God: In the depths of your homeworld, rumors rumble of a true power buried under the toxic sludge. Do you dare to dredge up the secrets of your past – and potentially unleash them upon the galaxy?
Overtuned: The candle that burns the brightest, burns itself into the galaxy’s memory! Play as a species that can gain more and more traits at the cost of its own lifespan, and live for today without worrying about sticking around for tomorrow!
Toxic Baths: Grow your population fast with a fresh infusion of mutagenic sludge – so long as you’re willing to tolerate the costs to your planet and your people!
Scavengers: One empire’s trash is your empire’s treasure! Don’t be too proud to harvest debris and destruction for quick construction projects of your own.
Relentless Industrialists: If you’re going to keep up with demand, you’re going to have to learn to ignore all of those petty regulations and negative opinions. The surviving population will thank you for all of the resources you gain!
- Incubator: Repopulate quickly when your planet is empty, but those growth facilities can fill up fast!
- Inorganic Breath: Your own people are a source of valuable exotic gasses! It’s a shame the respirators are so expensive.
- Noxious: Other species can’t stand being around you, and it seems like your mere existence is making your planets awful places to live. On the other hand, other empires have a very difficult time wanting to fight or subjugate you, and it’s hilarious to see the look on their faces when you’re in the room!
- Exotic Metabolism: You’ve adapted to ask “are you going to eat that?” where other species would be calling the hazmat team. Eat faster, live longer, and enjoy a terrifying rainbow of flavors!
- New Cosmetics: Species portraits, ship models, and cityscapes that only a mother could love.
- New Advisor: Grow your empire alongside a relentless source of noxious sarcasm!
Toxoids will launch alongside a free update from the Stellaris custodians team, including various improvements and additions for all players. For more information about Stellaris and the Toxoids Species Pack, visit http://stellaris.com/.