Paradox Interactive, a developer and publisher of games that rule, today announced that Overlord, the next full expansion for Stellaris, will be released on all PC platforms on May 12, 2022. Overlord brings a host of new features to Stellaris centered around empire management and intergalactic ambition. From specialized vassals to powerful new megastructures, Overlord will offer fans multiple and exciting ways to control their galactic empires. Overlord will be available for a suggested retail price of $19.99/£15.49/€19.99*.
Launching simultaneously with the expansion is the free 3.4 “Cepheus” update for Stellaris, which will add new content and adjustments created by the Stellaris Custodian Team for all players. Both will be released just in time for the community to celebrate the sixth anniversary of Stellaris, which originally launched in May 2016.
Features of Overlord will include:
Rulers Make the Rules: New vassalization mechanics let you define the role of your new subjects – create new Specialist Empires to grow into economic superpowers, military specialists, and technological creators. Negotiate or demand contracts and agreements between your vassals to define the future of dozens of worlds, and reap the benefits!
The Brightest Star Must Guide Them: Seek out and unite scattered empires across the stars! As you explore the vast galaxy you’ll encounter more unique enclaves of people, from mysterious shroudwalkers to militaristic mercenaries and crafty salvagers. Will you forge a mutually beneficial relationship and earn their unique services, or will they submit to your rule by force?
Five New Origins to Lord Over:
- Imperial Fiefdom – You may be just a Specialist Empire now, but some day, the galaxy may need a new ruler… don’t leave any doubt that it will be you.
- Slingshot to the Stars – The ruined remains of a Quantum Catapult have been discovered near your homeworld – what secrets might it unlock if your people are clever enough to bring it back online?
- Subterranean – Your species adapted to life underground, excelling in mining and archaeology. Now it’s time to see what awaits you far, far above the surface.
- Teachers of the Shroud – Developing in contact with the curious psions known as the Shroudwalkers, your empire has learned a thing or two about expanding their minds!
- Progenitor Hive – Under your leadership, this hivemind empire can achieve more than ever before… but without your guidance, the hive will fall to ruin!
Engineer the Future and Showcase Your Power: New feats of technology will give your empire the edge it needs to become the dominant force across the galaxy.
- Orbital Rings will elevate your influence (and defense) in grand displays of power from your planets further into space.
- Hyper Relays will give your fleets the ability to enforce your will across the stars faster than ever before.
- Quantum Catapults enable new ways to react quicker in the galaxy while projecting your might – but it’s a daring one-way trip for your fleet!
Four new music tracks to inspire your rise to greatness.