SpellForce III Reforced is a unique mix of an epic RPG storyline blended with accessible real-time strategy elements, designed to offer a riveting console experience to fans and newcomers alike.
It is the year 518. The rebellion of the renegade mages, known as the Mage Wars, has been quashed by the Crown. However, it was a Pyrrhic victory: Whole regions have fallen into anarchy, refugees roam the lands in search of shelter, and a mysterious, deadly plague called the “Bloodburn” has arisen and is spreading rapidly.
In times like these people cling to any sign of hope they can find. The Purity of Light, led by a charismatic man called Rondar Lacaine, claims that mages are the source of all misfortune – and that only the second coming of Aonir, the father of all gods, will return Eo to its former splendor.
The story takes place before the acclaimed SpellForce: The Order of Dawn.
- Improved “Burning Blood” Campaign:
- Improved RTS mechanics and reworked RTS faction (Humans, Orcs and Elves) designs, introduced in the expansions Fallen God & Soul Harvest
- Updated skill trees with new spell mechanics introduced in the expansions
- Improved questflow
- Improved loot distribution for a smoother progression
- Added and improved unique artefact puzzles
- Visually and functionally enhanced user interface
- Reworked crafting
- RTS AI Balance overhaul
- Complete rework of the hub for minimizing downtimes
- Fixed all campaign and quest logic issues of the 40+ hours long campaign
- Improved coop mode
- Full gamepad support for controls and UI
New Game Modes:
- Journey Mode: An additional game mode similar to the original SpellForce’s “Free Game Mode”, providing more than 20 hours of unique content and a lot of replay value. Can be played in Coop!
- Journey Skirmish: Play PvP Skirmish matches against other players with your Journey heroes
- Arena Mode: An additional endless game mode where you start with a fresh character, fight against waves of monsters, buy items and spells from merchants to compete with other players in the leaderboards including the possibility to play this mode in Coop.
- A new Skirmish map “Bitter Canyon” set in a mountainous environment. SpellForce 3: Skirmish now offers 18 maps in total!
- Improved mod support, also for the new Journey and Arena Modes. Create your own Journey or Arena maps and share them with the community!