It’s time to brew potions, heal the sick and explore the tranquil world of Potion Permit as the adorable open-ended RPG is available now on Steam, GOG, Epic Games Store, PlayStation 4/5, Xbox One/Series X|S, Nintendo Switch and Amazon Luna. Physical copies for PS4/5 and Nintendo Switch can be purchased at major retailers.
From developer MassHive and publisher PQube, Potion Permit takes place in the quaint town of Moonbury, which is incredibly wary of the outside world’s advances and prefers to rely on its traditional methods of healing. Until one tragic day when the mayor’s daughter falls ill and the local witch doctor is helpless to save her, they are forced to look outside their small-knit community for help. As the Medical Association’s most accomplished chemist, players are endowed to cure the mayor’s daughter and convince the Moonbury residents the wonders of modern alchemy in the charming sim RPG, Potion Permit.
There are places to go, people to see and much to do in the world of Potion Permit, including:
- A clean bill of health – Diagnose symptoms and craft ailments for the 30 unique inhabitants of Moonbury. Talk to enough townsfolk and players may grow particularly fond of a certain bachelor or bachelorette.
- Man’s best friend – Players won’t journey alone as they’ll be accompanied by their loyal canine companion which can locate hidden items and more… and of course, petting the dog is a must.
- Parts unknown – Traverse unique regions through rain, blizzards and the blazing desert heat to gather ingredients for potions, ointments and salves utilizing upgradable items.
- There be monsters afoot – Fend off nasty monsters that roam the land by engaging in real-time combat. Luckily, players can brew various concoctions to buff themselves or inflict status ailments to win the fight.
- Strange brew – Brew medicine, vitamins and more with the ingredients gathered throughout the word. With just enough practice, players can upgrade their cauldron to create stronger potions.
- There’s work to be done – Watch Moonbury grow as the community needs help fixing facilities across the town and fields. When the day is complete, head-on home and feel free to craft and buy new furniture for that dream home.
- Take it easy – There will be plenty of downtime in Potion Permit. Explore the town, rest in the local tavern or bath house and go fishing.
Potion Permit is available on Steam, GOG, Epic Games Store, PlayStation Store, Microsoft Store and Nintendo eShop for $19.99, and on Amazon Luna with an Amazon Prime subscription. Potion Permit retail copies are available for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 and Nintendo Switch at major retailers.
Additional information about Potion Permit can be found on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and pqube.co.uk/potion-permit website. Fans of the game can join the MassHive Discord for the latest updates and announcements.