Set in the 80s and spanning through the decades to the current day, players start with a small yet passionate film crew with rudimentary equipment who have one goal: grow the studio into one of the best in the industry and keep it that way for years to come. With an eye for entertainment, pick from a dozen different and popular film genres and plot the perfect, award-winning storyline. Inspired by the cult classic The Movies by Peter Molyneux, strike the perfect balance between arthouse and Hollywood pop culture to create a true blockbuster cult classic that will leave the critics begging for more.
“Our team is delighted to bring our very first title to life,” said Niklāvs Strads, founder of Odyssey Studios. “We set out to capture the excitement of what goes on both in front of the camera and behind the scenes. Beyond all the glitz and glamour, it takes an entire crew of talented writers, producers, and directors to really bring a movie to life, and Moviehouse captures all of that!”.
Key Features of Moviehouse:
- That’s Showbiz, Baby!: Compete in the glamorous Industry Awards showcase, vying for multiple titles, including best feature film, and set your sights on winning the coveted golden clapper
- The Tides of Change: As the decades pass, both your team and your equipment will improve. Starting off with a small amateur cast and rudimentary equipment, the studio and all those a part of it will mature and hone their skills, while new updates in technology and filming techniques grant the ability for better filmmaking!
- Assemble the Dream Team: Hire directors and writers and build up their creative skills, nurturing their creative prowess. A good crew in itself can turn casual viewers into diehard fans!
- Hit the Festival Circuit – Showcase your movie in film festivals to build buzz, gain accolades, and garner critical success
- An Eye for Filmmaking – Make a spy flick, a romantic comedy, or a bloody slasher or something entirely different. You’ve got the film-making tools are your fingertips, so it’s all up to you!