Humanity is faced with extinction. Their last hope? Nanotechnology. Offering the ability to quickly create front-line fighting robots to take on the ruthless Swarm, players will need to adapt quickly if they’re to push back the enemy threat..
Now released across all consoles (PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S, and Nintendo Switch), Mech Armada from Lioncode Games gives players the freedom to design custom mechs from dozens of unique parts, before deploying their army of machines across tile-based, procedural environments. Strategy is key because one wrong move could mean the very end of humanity as we know it.
Blending multiple genres to create a challenging, turn-based tactics game, Mech Armada takes influences from the likes of Into The Breach, X-Com and Slay The Spire, and blends them into a unique experience where your robots become your deck. Offering huge creative freedom to piece together mech parts into ultimate fighting machines, it’s down to players to decide what force they want to use against their alien opponents.
Whether you choose to create a mech with a gatling cannon and spider legs, or one offering repair drones and an orbital bombardment, Mech Armada wants you to not only have fun experimenting with design and builds, but to also apply their tactical possibilities on each run. From leveraging terrain to managing limited resources, players will need to exploit the strengths of their mechs to defeat the Swarm or face oblivion. Getting it wrong will see you start over with all-new maps, enemies, parts and rewards for a fresh run.
Mech Armada will be available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S and Nintendo Switch on December 8th for $19.99 / €19.99/ £17.99. Switch and Xbox players are able to enjoy a 20% launch discount, while Switch players can also pre-order now.
- Deep strategic combat: There are no perfect solutions. Create your own strategy by cleverly making the most out of your resources and the situation.
- Design your own mech: With 80+ available Mech parts, you can create thousands of unique combinations. Each part has its own strengths and weaknesses, giving you an enormous range of possibilities.
- Turn-Based combat: You can move into position and attack with each of your mechs, in any order. Then it’s the Swarm’s turn…
- Procedurally generated: All the gameplay elements (monsters, maps, resources and rewards) are randomly combined and balanced ensuring no two battles are the same.
- Roguelike campaign: Death means game over. Try again with an entirely new run, with new random parts and encounters. You’ll have to make do with what you get!
- Auto-save: Never worry about saving again. Leave your game at any point and return exactly where you left off.
- Sandbox Mode: Wanting to try new tactics, Mech designs and strategies without risk? Head to the Sandbox. Practice your maneuvers, test unique loadouts and refine your strategies against The Swarm as you refine your tactics.
- Environment variety: From the outskirts of destroyed cities, to desert wastelands, the Swarm spreads and the battle for survival rages on.
- Epic bosses: They’re massive, ugly and ridiculously tough. Are you up to the task?