Developer So Romantic and publisher Hypetrain Digital invite players to teleport to a gritty cyberpunk world in Jack Move, a JRPG launching on PC September 8th, followed by PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch on September 20th. Final Fantasy meets Ghost in the Shell as players take on cybernetic battles and uncover the mysteries surrounding the disappearance of a father.
Presented in gorgeous hi-bit pixel art, take on the role of Noa Solares, a vigilante hacker who’s thrust into a quest to rescue her estranged father from the evil mega-corporation Monomind (it’s always the evil corporations, isn’t it?). Explore the many distinct areas of Monocity One that pay homage to sci-fi worlds like Ghost in the Shell and Blade Runner, from dingy alleyways to marketplaces where enemies lurk around every corner. Noa won’t be alone though, as her best friend Ryder and her uncle Guin Blakely, an ex-corporate spy, will help her on her way.
Help Noa take down enemies in tactical turn-based battles using killer hacking software. Players can customize the software in their trusty Cyber Deck to switch roles mid-battle, balancing offense, defense, and more. Choosing which software to use is vital to combat and key to defeating the many enemy types. From street punks and gangsters, to mysterious secret agents and corporate overlords, each enemy has their own set of abilities in combat that can impact each encounter.
Upgrade abilities over time by leveling up with experience points earned in battles and through exploring Monocity One. Boost individual stats, give Noa extra abilities, and increase the amount of software that can be equipped at a time. Enhancing Noa with new and upgraded abilities is vital to overcoming each obstacle thrown at her and becoming the ultimate hacker.
Jack Move glitches onto PC September 8th, as well as PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch on September 20th. It will be included in Hypetrain’s Steam publisher sale on September 8th. Fellow hackers can also purchase the game in a bundle with action RPG CrossCode. To stay updated on Jack Move, follow So Romantic and Hypetrain Digital on Twitter.
Features Jack Move
- Gorgeous “Hi-Bit” pixel art inspired by retro RPGs and enhanced with modern techniques.
- Battle your foes in cyberspace. Take them down using a multitude of sweet hacking software.
- Explore the dangerous world of Monocity One and takedown Monomind, the evil mega-corporation that controls it.
- Play as Noa Solares, a sassy hacker out to save her father and the world.
- Fight your way through dungeons filled with all sorts of cyberpunk villany. Street punks, gangsters, corporate militia and horrific cyber-experiments-gone-wrong will all be vying to take you down!