Today, Gameforge—the leading publisher of popular massively multiplayer online games in the West like AION, OGame, and Swords of Legends Online — and developer Whiteboard Games announced their gritty, top-down, sci-fi roguelite shooter I See Red will debut on October 24, 2022. The game will initially be available for PC via Steam and the Epic Games Store, and a console launch is already planned for the near future.
“Implementing the finishing touches and releasing a commercial, polished, industry-level game is no small feat,” said Luciano Musella, President and Founder of Whiteboard Games, and Director of I See Red. “We’ve been working hard over the past months, all while implementing feedback from a community that constantly supported us. We are very lucky to have a huge amount of support in our home country, Argentina, and the international community has been incredibly warm and welcoming as we continue to show more of the game.”
The world is bleak in the dichromatic roguelite I See Red, with flashes of crimson breaking up its stark black and white aesthetic. Your enemies are skilled and strong, but you’re even better. Get up close and personal by using your grappling hook and pulling yourself towards them. Chase them down with your guns. Execute them with your bare hands. Upgrade yourself with new passive skills. And should one of your foes get lucky, your more adept and powerful clone will return to finish the job. Time is on your side!
Watch the I See Red trailer below:
I See Red is already an award-winning indie game, claiming the grand prize at Argentina’s 2021 EVA Awards and IGN Rogue Jam 2022’s “Most Eye-Poppingly Beautiful Game.” In August, I See Red won “Best Visual Art and Design” at GameConnection x ChinaJoy’s Indie Development Awards.
I See Red is a fast-paced and frantic story of rage and revenge. The year is 2621. You are an outlaw traveling the infinite depths of space, searching for those who have wronged you to dish out the ultimate punishment. With a unique dichromatic aesthetic, your view of the world is consumed by wrath as the targets of your retribution appear in a deathly red, while the rest of the world around you fades to gray. Consumed by anger, everything that surrounds you can be destroyed—ship hardware, furniture, and most importantly, enemies. Uncover a host of diverse weaponry, augments, skills, and abilities to lay waste to your foes as brutally as they deserve. As a top-down, twin-stick roguelite, every playthrough unlocks a stronger version of yourself as you improve your very own cloning machine. Bring entire ships to total collapse, exercise justice against invading spaceships, Robots, Aliens, Humans—the entire galaxy. Rage and crush them all. Rage and make them pay. Rage and get your revenge. You. Must. Not. Stop.
- Variety of Opponents: Humans, Aliens or Robots—they all have their own ways of trying to put an early end to your vengeance! In order to prevail, you must adapt your tactics to numerous different types of opponents.
- Action-Packed Gunfights: Enjoy fast-paced gunfights, destructible cover, and a variety of weapons that will help you sow death and destruction. Put your lightning-fast reflexes to the test when opponents suddenly teleport behind you.
- Let Your Rage Run Wild!: Sparks are flying in close combat too! Use your grappling hook to quickly pull yourself towards opponents and deliver the final, bloody blow. Unleash your rage once you have collected enough energy and regenerate health with each kill.
- Combos Do the Trick!: Throughout the game, you receive a number of randomly generated passive skills, turning each run into a unique experience.
- Death Is Not the End: Thanks to cloning technology, you can always give it another try should your opponents ever get the better of you. Collected materials are used to strengthen your character’s attributes.
- Dystopian Sci-Fi World: The unique art style draws you into a dark sci-fi world with a vengeful anti-hero who, quite literally, sees red. This innovative design choice allows you to see everything important at a glance. The dynamic music system always provides you with the right soundtrack!
Until October 24, players will have a chance to win one of 10 Steam keys for I See Red by joining the Gamefore Gleam raffle. Sign up to enter here: https://gleam.io/WTvFt/i-see-red-giveaway/.
Try the demo, available in 13 languages, via Steam here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1594460/I_See_Red/