Foolish Mortals is a classic-style point & click adventure game inspired by games like Monkey Island and Broken Sword. You’ll take the role of young treasure hunter Murphy McCallan as he explores the mysterious island of Devil’s Rock in search of the lost treasure of Bellemore Manor, where decades ago an entire wedding suddenly and mysteriously vanished.
In that search, you’ll be following cryptic clues and solving perplexing puzzles across the island: from the creaking port town of Deadnettle and the abandoned riverboat turned voodoo den The Spirit Queen, to a centuries old French-Caribbean fortress and the grim St. Juniper Parish cemetery – and many, many more across more than 70 playable scenes, and dozens more documents and paintings.
As Murphy, you’ll be collecting the ingredients on an old voodoo manuscript, firing the cannons of an old French fort, sneaking into a club for sea captains, getting buried alive, climbing down a wishing well, and lots more as you race an evil phantom to the Bellemore treasure, and discover the terrible secret that connects it to the vanished wedding.
Experience Foolish Mortals
Ron Gilbert once said Monkey Island was to be like riding the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland but being able to “step off the boat” and explore. Foolish Mortals started by wondering what it would be like to step out of your Doombuggy on Disneyland’s Haunted Mansion.
We’re filling Foolish Mortals with gorgeously atmospheric hand-drawn backgrounds, high-quality animation, a fully-voiced cast of eccentric characters, and an incredibly adventurous story with classic inventory-based adventure game puzzles.
We’ve been working on this game for over two years now, with a full game playable from start to finish: we just need help on the final stretch. With our Kickstarter, we’ll be able to finish off the final third of animation we need, get the game fully voiced, and do all the optimization and testing we need to have an awesome game. But more excitingly: if we exceed our funding goal and start unlocking stretch goals, we can make the game even better too.
Features Foolish Mortals
- Classic adventure game puzzles, carefully crafted to ensure no dead-ends or deaths
- Over 100 items to pick up and use
- A full-length experience, with a gameplay time equal to Monkey Island and Broken Sword
- Over 70 gorgeous hand-drawn locations at full HD resolution, plus dozens more full-screen paintings, documents, and other details to investigate
- High quality animation from a professional animation studio
- More than 30 fully voiced characters to interact with
- Two hours of original music – with the possibility of an interactive song puzzle as a stretch goal!
- Easy to use two-button interface with double-click exits, optional hotspot highlighting, and a built-in hint system