Rich in natural resources and medieval trading cities, the Early Modern Baltic is fertile ground for a rising empire. Whoever controls the western passage can dictate access to lands ripe for development, exploitation and conquest. Old ways and ancient allegiances are quickly giving way to new ambitions. On 13 September, you will have your chance to be one of the Lions of the North.
Lions of the North is a new immersion pack for Europa Universalis IV, Paradox Interactive’s best selling historical grand strategy game set in the dramatic centuries of the early modern world. In Lions of the North, you will find a host of new National Missions and unique content tailored for the great and middle powers of the Baltic and Scandinavian regions. Preserve or undermine the Kalmar Union between Denmark, Norway and Sweden. Revive the Teutonic Order as a Crusader state. Build an island pirate kingdom to threaten thriving commercial centers. Dozens of new alternate historical paths are open to you.
See a trailer here: https://youtu.be/egO5IvndkSM
Highlights of Europa Universalis IV: Lions of the North include:
- Expanded Branching Missions: Decisions taken along some mission trees will determine what options are available to you in the future, allowing you to follow distinct and dramatically different alternate paths.
- New Mission Trees for Denmark: Maintain power in Scandinavia while expanding your influence over the northern German cities.
- New Mission Trees for Sweden and Norway: Break free from Danish dominance, and turn a foothold on the continent into the base for a northern empire.
- New Mission Trees for Teutonic Order, Livonian Order and Riga: Follow a path of religious zealotry or secularize your realm with an eye on the future.
- New Mission Trees for Poland, Lithuania and the Commonwealth: Vast lands on the border of East and West present unique challenges for ambitious rulers.
- Other Mission Tree Changes: Pirate kings of Gotland, unique options for a united Scandinavia, a free Finland, and a powerful Danzig.
- New Government Reforms and Estate Privileges: Some regional powers will have unique government options and new ways to court the favor and influence of local estates.
- New Units: The Swedish Carolean Infantry and Polish-Lithuanian Winged Hussars will be available for recruitment.
- New Unit Art: 35 new army sprites for regional powers.
- New Music: 3 new pieces of Scandinavian music, plus 3 other Baltic themed songs.
Lions of the North will be accompanied by a major update to Europa Universalis IV, free for all players.