eNVy softworks and 1SickPuppy are excited to announce their brand new Interactive Fiction RPG titled Dimday Red. The demo will be playable at gamescom and on Steam for a limited amount of time, starting on the 23rd of August until the 28th.
Dimday Red is an Interactive Fiction RPG set in the politically divided city of Neu Bonn, in a dystopian future ruled by corporations, fanatical religions and powerful mutants. Every choice you make impacts the world around you, but most importantly your own personality. Who will you choose to be in a world doomed to end in 52 years? Will you fight for those in need, or will you take a front row seat as the world around you burns?
The demo focuses on the story of Cillian Bragger, an enforcer working for the Syndicates. Apart from his outstanding extermination skills, Cillian is blessed with the curse of Marble eyes- one of the mutations caused by the Sun. Along with his best friend Steen, a fellow mutant, they embark on a curious mission at the city’s Blak Market Bazaar.
As one of the first video games “Powered by the Apocalypse”, Dimday Red blurs the line between conventional Interactive Fiction and a tabletop RPG, combining the best of both worlds to deliver an enhanced playing experience.
- Build your personality: Customize your character traits and work your way towards the 7 Deadly Sins and 7 Heavenly Virtues. Select between 42 Trait cards and combine them to build a unique personality for Cillian.
- Build Relationships: Build, strengthen or even ruin your relationships with
- other characters. Form meaningful connections, distance yourself from others or unleash your hatred upon your enemies.
- Make important choices: Discover the impact of your choices and the influence of chance on them. Make conscious decisions but never underestimate how much the outcome can change with a roll of the dice. Every last one of your choices, but also luck, shape the narrative in new and interesting ways leading to multiple endings.
- Battle your enemies: Fight for justice for all, for some, or for none. Destroy your enemies or protect your allies! Decide who you want to be until the world ends.
- Survive the heat: Weather the Heat and keep your cool while the world is being reduced to ashes. Manage your temperature levels and make sure you don’t burn way before the planet does!
Dimday Red and the team behind it will be at gamescom and they are looking forward to meeting all of you! Until then, you can learn more about the world of Dimday Red by following the links provided.