PQube and developer Petoons Studio are excited to announce that upcoming ‘ratoidvania’ adventure ‘Curse of the Sea Rats’ will be available as a physical edition on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 in early 2023!
- Classic metroidvania platforming & combat – Explore and fight your way through a wide variety of intriguing locales along the 18th century Irish coast
- Stunning hand-drawn art and animations – 2D animation inspired by classic animated films combines seamlessly with detailed 3D environments
- Challenging boss battles – Take on Flora Burn’s elite crew! Study and learn their complex attack patterns to emerge victorious
- 4 iconic heroes with individual playstyles and skill trees – Develop your skills as David Douglas, Buffalo Calf, Bussa, and Akane Yamakawa
- Item collecting & inventory management – Search for hidden treasure and purchase items from the quartermaster to give you the edge in battle
- Side quests and multiple endings to uncover – Interact with a huge cast of supporting characters and fulfil their requests to gain valuable rewards
- Local co-op for up to 4 players – Drop-in/out at any point using the flexible local co-op mode
- Coming to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 & PlayStation 5 as a physical edition
- Launching digitally in Early 2023 for Steam, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One!
Check Out the ‘Curse of the Sea Rats’ Announcement Trailer:
Embark on an epic, hand-animated, ‘ratoidvania’ adventure, where your crew has been turned into rats by a pirate witch! Explore a rich non-linear world full of action platforming, challenging bosses, and unlock unique abilities – either alone or in local co-op!