Protocol Aftertime, from the independent developer duo called Neverfly Games from Berlin, will be released as Early Access on Steam.
Protocol Aftertime is a story-driven 3D platformer with puzzle elements that follows the character development of the android Jericho. It was developed with the Unreal Engine 4 and offers around 10 hours of playtime in its current version. It will remain in Early Access for 2 years and will offer around 20-30 hours of play in the 1.0 version.
Plot Humanity has failed. A cataclysm at the edge of our solar system has created a black hole, but hope is not lost. And so, the android Jericho is developed. On his surreal journey through space and time, he must free himself from the shackles of human knowledge. Only then will he succeed in fulfilling his actual responsibility.
The most important features Protocol Aftertime
- Immersive puzzles and platformers
- Flowingly integrated into the level design
- Quotes integrated into the story from legendary figures and Philosophers such as Plato or Leonardo Da Vinci
- Varied worlds
- From ancient Greece to distant space stations
- Atmospheric graphics, no stylization
- Adult themes
- Character development about loneliness, hope and responsibility
- Impressions from philosophy, technology and science
- Background story about the AI engineer Luna
- Challenging Skills
- Space and time manipulation
- “Easy to learn, hard to master” principle
- Walkable skill tree with optional dungeons
For a first insight into the game, we recommend our gameplay trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXNolrjdUQw
Or our Steam page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2086190/Protocol_Aftertime/