Indie developer and publisher SmiteWorks USA, LLC is proud to offer their market-leading Fantasy Grounds Unity Virtual Tabletop at a discounted price in a promotion running through January 4th, 2023. Fantasy Grounds Unity is the latest version of Fantasy Grounds, rebuilt from the ground up in Unity3D® to provide enhanced functionality for sound, map making, images, FX, and networking. Additionally, it maintains backward compatibility with content for Fantasy Grounds.
Fantasy Grounds Unity is designed to perform many of the things you can do while playing at a conventional gaming table while automating many laborious elements. Run games as the gamemaster or participate as a player, the application provides all the necessary tools to communicate, manage campaign information and perform tasks such as rolling the dice or moving tokens around a battle map. With Fantasy Grounds Unity, you prep less and play better; it offers a dynamic system for playing a host of different roleplaying games online and is used by hundreds of thousands of gamers worldwide to connect and play popular games such as D&D™, Pathfinder™, Savage Worlds™, Call of Cthulhu™, Fallout™, Star Trek™, Traveller™, and Vampire™ RPGs among others.
Fantasy Grounds Unity was successfully Kickstarted in May 2019. It launched an Alpha in October 2019 and a Closed Beta in November 2019. Finally, it launched in Early Access on March 15th, 2020, and version 1.0 was released on November 5th, 2020. Today, it is used by more than 400k players worldwide and has established itself as the top Virtual Tabletop for classic entertainment.
- 64-bit support to allow for more content (quality and quantity)
- 3D Dice and Particle Effects that can be keyed to different damage types per player
- A Self-publishing platform called the FG Forge (forge.fantasygrounds.com) where creators can share and sell content
- Native support for Mac, Linux, and Windows PC
- Network lobby for easy hosting and joining of games (no port forwarding required)
- Tile-based map building with built-in support for dynamic Line of Sight
- Enhanced Drawing Tools
- Additional Dice Macros support
- A new FGU-only skin
- Dynamic Line of Sight with enhanced toggle blockers
- Paint with images, such as walls
- Animated image effects
- Locally stored Asset Library for use in campaigns
- Backward compatibility with all existing campaigns and DLC from FGC
Fantasy Grounds Unity is available via STEAM™
Hub for downloadable content: